Announcing the Grand Opening of RMB City
January 2009 – December 2010
Public Opening Ceremony & Celebration in SecondLife
Jan 9, 2009: 6pm-8pm (SecondLife Time)
Jan 10, 2009: 10am-12pm (Beijing Time)
Venue: People’s Palace (RMB City Hall, aka Sigg Castle)
Landmark in Second Life: RMB City 1, RMB City 1 (153, 32,126)
http://slurl.com/secondlife/RMB City 1/153/32/126/
After more than a year’s gestation, we are proud to announce the official opening of RMB City to the public. We invite you to join the opening ceremony and the celebration to follow, as well as to truly explore for the first time, “Your City in Second Life”.
* Speech by China Tracy (RL: Cao Fei)
* Inauguration of RMB City Mayor, Mr. UliSigg Cisse (RL: Uli Sigg)
* Official opening of the city, with public celebration in People’s Waterpark
* Opening and tours of “Master Q’s Guide to Virtual Feng Shui” in various locations around RMB City, as well as the first exhibition of UCCA in RMB City (People’s Aerial Castle)
* Release of “People’s Monthly” (Issue #1), the official publication of RMB City, plus other downloads of information and surprises
* Visitors can visit these and other ongoing projects of RMB City, as well as beginning to explore the full city and all its treasures…
Feng Shui Project –
Project Opening: “Master Q’s Guide to Virtual Feng Shui: a special project by Huang He for RMB City” (opening 6pm Jan 9, SLT)
Venue: Start at map in People’s Palace (RMB City Hall, aka Sigg Castle, RMB City 1 (153, 32,126))
Young Guangzhou-based artist Huang He (as Master Q) extends a new perspective into the virtual world with feng shui – an ancient Chinese methodology on usage of spaces. With interactive installations, a publication, and performances, Huang He explores ways to manipulate the qi (invisible energy flow) of RMB City and the digital realm.
UCCA in RMB City –
Institution Opening: UCCA in RMB City: Virtual “Christian Dior & Chinese Artists” Exhibition (opening 6pm Jan 9, SLT)
Venue: UCCA in RMB City (People’s Aerial Castle, RMB City 2 (196, 56, 113))
Ullens Center for Contemporary Arts opens their futuristic virtual museum space in RMB City with a virtual view of their exhibition “Christian Dior & Chinese Artists”, held at UCCA (Beijing) from Nov 2008-Jan 2009.
Starting at the sacred center that is the People’s Palace (City Hall), begin your exploration of the city’s many attractions, from the aquatic public-discourse space of the People’s Waterpark to the pure-gold edifice of the People’s Bank to that icon of simultaneous eternity and change the People’s Observation Wheel… this is only the beginning.